Monday, July 23, 2012

Brownie Comparison

I didn't take any pictures of this challenge, but we enjoyed the results. I decided to time myself while making store bought brownies and homemade brownies.  The boxed brownies are definitely more "convenient" since it only took my 4 minutes and 20 seconds to mix up the brownies.  Of course, neither one of us really enjoyed the brownies and we ended up throwing out half the batch (we used Pillsbury Fudge Brownie mix).  Our biggest problem with these brownies was that they tasted super oily.

As a comparison, I made a batch of homemade brownies from a recipe I've used for awhile.  It took me 15 minutes to mix the batch up.  The brownies were awesome tasting!!!  So much better than the others, and definitely worth the extra time. James said he would prefer if I only made the homemade batch from now on.

When I timed myself, it included finding all the ingredients, measuring out ingredients, and cleaning up.  The homemade brownies mostly seemed to take longer because I had to melt chocolate chips.

Definitely an interesting experiment.  We learned that the extra time on the homemade brownies is absolutely worth the effort!

No comments:

Post a Comment