Monday, January 28, 2013

King Arthur's Chocolate Breakfast Muffins and Baking Day

James was out of quick breakfasts so I had a baking session this morning.  I made banana bread, orange cranberry muffins, lemon blueberry muffins, and King Arthur's Chocolate Breakfast Muffins.
I have posted the recipes for the first three, but today was the first time I tried the chocolate breakfast muffin recipe.
 


King Arthur is a brand name flour maker.  I like their products, but can usually find a comparable brand for a better price.  I was browsing recipes on their website one day when I came across this recipe.  I thought..."Chocolate for breakfast, hmmm."  Of course, I bookmarked it and it has been sitting in that little folder for a long time.  Since I don't eat any of the fruit items, I thought I would try making these for a quick snack or breakfast for me.  As usual, I made a few changes to the recipe.  I made a half batch, sifted the dry ingredients together, substituted a mix of heavy cream and 2% milk for the 3/4 cup of milk, used the brand of unbleached, organic flour I had in the house, did not fill the muffin tins as much as indicated, and did not top them with sugar.  These were super tasty and very moist.  I loved the little bites of chocolate chips in the muffin (I used these yummy chocolate chips.)  These were the first "chocolate" muffins I have made that tasted more like a muffin than a cupcake.  I will definitely be keeping this one in my repertoire.

** Click on the link above for the recipe.**

No comments:

Post a Comment